It’s time to scream Happy New Year and pop the champagne bottles, but before we properly welcome in 2018 lets reflect on the year that was. New years resolutions are often created by remembering our little mistakes and little wins from the past year. Here are the Volte’s Fashion Dos and Don’ts from 2017:
- DONT – Puffer Jackets: These were only ever cool in Back to the Future. Unless your a 15-year-old boy going to puberty and wanting to look beefier this trend was a no-go in our books.
2. DO – Ruffles: From Thurley to Zimmerman, ruffles had a major comeback in 2017. Instead of fluro and metallic ruffles in the 80s it was floral and striped ruffles this year.
3. DON’T – Mesh: Fisherman are the only people, we believe, that require mesh. Mesh is a mistake of huge proportions. Its not the Prom 2002 guys, cmon.
4. DO – Jumpsuits and Pantsuits: Partly thanks to God’s gift to men and women, Ruby Rose, pants on the runway and red carpet have become bigger than ever. Edgy and elegant at the same time, you can feel like a boss bitch in a flowy jumpsuit or tailored suit.
5. DON’T – Kitten heels: We didn’t see this coming but the Kitten heel crept its way back onto our shelves in 2017. Despite what some ‘alternative’ stylists are saying, the kitten heel can stay in the past, thank-you very much.
6. DO – Mules: Unexpectedly, the revival of the Mule heel has been a huge success. Stylish but comfortable, the Mule can be dressed up and dressed down for any weather conditions. 2018 could be the year of the mule?
7. DON’T – Squiggle lips: Possibly one of the most tragic trends to come out of the last year is the Squiggle lip and brow trend. If it was Halloween and you wanted to scare children we suggest this trend, otherwise steer clear.
8. DO – Au natural make-up: One of the most talked about names in 2017 was ‘Kardashian’ or ‘Jenner’. Everyone was looking to Kylie and Kim for beauty and fashion inspiration. Kim’s longtime makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic claims that Au natural make-up is the way to go this new year.
We hope that some of these dos and don’ts help you to make smart fashion and beauty decisions in 2018. Your first smart fashion decision could be signing up for thevolte.com. Endless designer fashion at your fingertips for a fraction of the cost. OR become a lender and make money off your own wardrobe!
Happy New Year,